Software for Fischer and LeBlanc

rich@cc.gatech.edu (Richard LeBlanc)
Wed, 12 Feb 92 16:27:17 EST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Software for Fischer and LeBlanc rich@cc.gatech.edu (1992-02-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: rich@cc.gatech.edu (Richard LeBlanc)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 92 16:27:17 EST

All of the software discussed in the book is available free, with the
understanding that it is intended for use in conjunction with courses that
use "Crafting a Compiler" or "Crafting a Compiler with C". What that
really means is that we can't afford the time to answer lots of questions
for casual users, so it is officially unsupported, but we try to be as
helpful as possible to instructors using the software for classes.

The software tools discussed in the books are available via anonymous ftp
from kaese.cs.wisc.edu in the directory ~ftp/tools. I should point out
that they are all written in Pascal. Since these are tools, their source
language should be irrelevant to instructors. If anyone is inspired to
translate them to C, we'll be happy to add them to the archive.

There is also a "starter" compiler I use in my compiler course available
on diskettes from the publisher. There are three versions, in Pascal,
Modula-2 and C. Instructors can get these by contacting their
Addison-Wesley sales representative. The Pascal version is already in the
tools archive; I intend to put the other two versions there, too, in the
near future.

Richard J. LeBlanc Professor
College of Computing Georgia Tech
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280 rich@cc.gatech.edu