LR Table Generators

Witold Szczeponik <wszczepo@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>
Wed, 16 Oct 91 13:13:17 CDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LR Table Generators wszczepo@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Witold Szczeponik) (1991-10-16)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Witold Szczeponik <wszczepo@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 91 13:13:17 CDT

Hi out there,

I am looking for a LR parser generator that produces LR parse tables
instead of parsers itself. I know there is LALRGen, as proposed in the
book Crafting a Compiler, by Charles N. Fischer and Richard J. LeBlanc,
Jr.

The preface of the book says the sources of ScanGen and LALRGen are
available. Does anybody have them? Any other LR parser generator of this
kind would be also of interest for me. The generator should also provide
some error repair mechanisms.

Thanks in advance.

Witold Szczeponik

------

witold@eis.cs.tu-bs.de
wszczepo@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
lsscws@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu
[Yacc actually generates just the tables and plugs them into a skeleton
usually stored in /usr/lib/yaccpar. If you give it a null skeleton, you
should just get the tables, give or take a little C syntax. -John]