NFA to DFA, minimize DFA

roberto@cernvax.cern.ch (roberto bagnara)
4 Oct 91 09:41:18 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
NFA to DFA, minimize DFA roberto@cernvax.cern.ch (1991-10-04)
Re: NFA to DFA, minimize DFA bburshte@pyrps5.eng.pyramid.com (1991-10-07)
Re: NFA to DFA, minimize DFA karsten@tfl.dk (1991-10-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: roberto@cernvax.cern.ch (roberto bagnara)
Date: 4 Oct 91 09:41:18 GMT

Hi all,

Has anybody got a good (e.g. *fast*) algorithm/implementation for the
problem of converting an NFA (nondeterministic finite automaton) to a DFA
(deterministic finite automaton)? And for the problem of minimizing the
number of states of a DFA?

I read the Red Dragon Book, and found enough information for (naively?)
implementing the two algorithms. My implementation is correct (tested and
in use) but slow and memory expensive (given the particular application I
need it for).

Thanks a lot
                                Roberto

P.S. Please respond by EMail, I'll summarize on request.