Math routines for 68K

aziz@bizet.cs.colostate.edu (Khalid Aziz)
17 Sep 91 16:22:21 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Math routines for 68K aziz@bizet.cs.colostate.edu (1991-09-17)
Re: Math routines for 68K jwoehr@isis.cs.du.edu (1991-09-19)
Re: Math routines for 68K eric@zen.maths.uts.edu.au (1991-09-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.sys.m68k
From: aziz@bizet.cs.colostate.edu (Khalid Aziz)
Date: 17 Sep 91 16:22:21 GMT

Hello everyone:

I need programs or algorithms to do a long division, i.e. divide a 32 bit
by another 32-bit integer, and modulus operation on long integers on 68000.
Both the 32-bit integers can be signed or unsigned. Since 68000 already has
instructions that would divide a 32-bit integer by a 16-bit integer, signed
or unsigned, I would prefer a program that takes advantage of this instruction.

If you have such programs or algorithms, can you please email them to me?

Thanks,
Khalid
aziz@cs.colostate.edu Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO
[The algorithms are all in Knuth, Volume 2. -John]