LL(n) parsers

whatis@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Steve Boswell)
24 Jul 91 00:18:08 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LL(n) parsers whatis@gnu.ai.mit.edu (1991-07-24)
Re: LL(n) parsers schmidt@kickapoo.cs.iastate.edu (1991-07-26)
Re: LL(n) parsers hays@ssd.intel.com (1991-08-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: whatis@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Steve Boswell)
Date: 24 Jul 91 00:18:08 GMT

Hi all, I'm writing a LL(n) backtracking parser generator, and I've
hit upon a snag. Eliminating immediate and non-immediate left
recursion by modifying the grammar is easy enough (and well documented
in the Dragon Book, which is my reference) but I'd rather do it
using programmed methods. I have an algorithm for the immediate left
recursion, but I'm having trouble generalizing it to the non-immediate
case. Does anyone know of ways to do this, or where I can look it
up? If need be, I'll post my algorithm for avoiding immediate
left recursion.

Thanks in advance!

--
Steve Boswell, whatis@ucsd.edu, whatis@gnu.ai.mit.edu