Availability of book on parsing

Jacobs Ceriel JH <ceriel@cs.vu.nl>
19 Jul 91 09:49:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Availability of book on parsing ceriel@cs.vu.nl (Jacobs Ceriel JH) (1991-07-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Jacobs Ceriel JH <ceriel@cs.vu.nl>
Date: 19 Jul 91 09:49:49 GMT

Several people, i.a. Ben Pratt and Michael Durket, have been complaining
in this newsgroup about the difficulty they had in obtaining our book
(Parsing techniques: a practical guide, by Dick Grune and Ceriel
J.H. Jacobs, published by Ellis Horwood Limited, ISBN 0-13-651431-6).

We complained about this situation to our publisher. They wrote us:
> I am afraid that due to the title change, it was logged on the
> International Book Distributors screen as "Parsing and its
> Applications", whereas the book is in fact called "Parsing
> Techniques: A Practical Guide".
>
> This has resulted in confusion as the marketing material was
> produced with the incorrect details. To rectify this, I have
> informed all relevant sales/marketing staff, and in the UK and
> USA the title is now correctly logged on screen.

(Michael Durket did manage to obtain the book by ordering it from
Blackwell's in Oxford, Great Britain(!))

If people still have difficulties in obtaining the book, please let us know
about it.
--
Ceriel Jacobs, Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Vrije Universiteit,
Voice: +31 20 5485577 Email: ceriel@cs.vu.nl Fax: +31 20 6427705