Grammar checker?

dww@math.fu-berlin.de (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Tue, 9 Jul 1991 15:26:24 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Grammar checker? dww@math.fu-berlin.de (1991-07-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dww@math.fu-berlin.de (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1991 15:26:24 GMT

Is there some sort of grammar checking tool lying around
out there that will take a short, clear description of
my grammar (and I don't mean yacc squiggles!) like

    S -> Ex
    EX -> Te E1
    Te -> "a"

and tell me if it has LL or LR or LALR or SLR or ...
properties? Maybe with little messages like :
shift-reduce conflict in State 17
and a printout map of the states?

Yes, I know, I could do it by hand, but I'm lazy. We
used to have a thing like that at Norsk Data (well, okay,
the description was not that short and clear, but anyway)
for the old SINTRAN operating system. I'd like a
pointer to the name of such a beast for SUN 3 or 4, so
I can ask archie where to find it!

Thanks,
--
Debora Weber-Wulff
snail: FU Berlin, ZI Fachdidaktiken, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, W-1000 Berlin 33