Re: PL/1 grammar

toebes@sas.com (John Toebes)
Wed, 08 May 91 14:35:14 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
PL/1 grammar corondan@eds.com (George A. Corondan) (1991-05-06)
Re: PL/1 grammar toebes@sas.com (1991-05-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: toebes@sas.com (John Toebes)
Date: Wed, 08 May 91 14:35:14 GMT

If you are going to do anything with PL/I, the definitive source is the
TSI compiler from Translation Systems Incorporated. With the exception
of the IBM offering, all of the PL/I (Subset G) compilers that I have
encountered have been based on the TSI implementation. As has already been
noted here, PL/I does not have any reserved words making yacc/lexx a
formidable task. The TSI technology is well tuned to PL/I and most
importantly has all the aspects of the language layed out.

I have no association with TSI but have worked on a PL/I compiler from
the TSI code in the past.
--
========= Working for but not representing SAS Institute Inc. ============
John A. Toebes, VIII toebes@sas.com