Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation

hoelzle@leland.stanford.edu (urs hoelzle)
Wed, 27 Mar 91 18:23:06 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help... want a summer course on compilation px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (1991-03-25)
Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation hoelzle@leland.stanford.edu (1991-03-27)
Re: Help... want a summer course on compilation rbe@yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM (1991-03-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: hoelzle@leland.stanford.edu (urs hoelzle)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 18:23:06 GMT

In article <9103251838.AA01606@host.fct.unl.pt>, px%fct.unl.pt@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Joaquim Baptista [pxQuim]) writes:

> I heard that Stanford, the designers and implementors of SELF, have
> regular Summer courses. ...

There is something called Western Institute of Computer Science; WICS
organizes summer courses at Stanford. Last year, they had two compiler
courses (RICSs by Graham/Hennessy/Ullman and Parallel Architectures
by Gupta/Lam), and I think they'll have them again this summer. Be
warned that the courses are fairly expensive ($2500 / week + hotel etc).
However, there won't be any course on compiling for OO languages.

I can dig out their phone number; send mail if you're interested.

(There will be a Self tutorial at ECOOP'91, but it will focus more on
the language than on compilation issues.)

Urs Hoelzle hoelzle@cs.stanford.EDU
Center for Integrated Systems, CIS 42, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305