Re: OCCAM

dww@math.fu-berlin.de (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Mon, 25 Mar 1991 16:56:45 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
OCCAM mrm@Eng.Sun.COM (1991-03-23)
Re: OCCAM dww@math.fu-berlin.de (1991-03-25)
Re: OCCAM adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu (1991-03-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: dww@math.fu-berlin.de (Debora Weber-Wulff)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1991 16:56:45 GMT

I found the following while looking for a logo interpreter for
suns:

This is just a lex and yacc front end (since we had such a
wonderful discussion about whether it was possible to do
this or not a while back!) written by
> Peter Polkinghorne ( pjmp@uk.co.gec-rl-hrc or ...!mcvax!ukc!hrc63!pjmp )
> GEC Hirst Research Centre, East Lane, Wembley, Middlesex, UK
who is not intending to maintain the grammar, it is just offered
as an example of using lex and yacc on occam. But he hopes someone
out there will produce a back-end someday soon!

I found it on the following machine

wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4)
under mirrors/unix-c/languages

I just tried to check the connection though, and it said
that the disk that holds the archive had just died.

--
Debora Weber-Wulff
snail: FU Berlin, ZI Fachdidaktiken, Habelschwerdter Allee 45, W-1000 Berlin 33