SK - reduction machine wanted

gateley@rice.edu (John Gateley)
Fri, 22 Mar 91 15:25:01 CST

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SK - reduction machine wanted wjstaal@cs.vu.nl (Staal Wilco J) (1991-03-21)
SK - reduction machine wanted gateley@rice.edu (1991-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: gateley@rice.edu (John Gateley)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 91 15:25:01 CST

Wilco Staal writes:
>I'm looking for an implementation of Turner's SK- reduction machine in an
>imperative language (Modula-2, c, pascal, Ada in decreasing order of
>interest).

Modula-2, C, Pascal, and Ada are all call-by-value (as opposed to
call-by-name) where Turner's combinator system (and all the following
research) are based on call-by-name. Also, you say that you are doing
a project on functional languages, and then mention a set of
imperative languages - do you really want side effects?

Bruce Duba and I are presenting a paper at MFPS on call-by-value
combinators, and Bruce has been working on combinator systems for
languages with side effects. Let me know if you want more info.

John
gateley@rice.edu