Re: yacc & dbx

lupine!rfg@uunet.UU.NET (Ron Guilmette)
2 Feb 91 23:15:28 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
yacc & dbx htf@castle.edinburgh.ac.uk (H T Fallside) (1991-01-29)
Re: yacc & dbx michi@ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au (1991-01-31)
Re: yacc & dbx megatest!djones@decwrl.dec.com (1991-02-01)
Re: yacc & dbx lupine!rfg@uunet.UU.NET (1991-02-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: lupine!rfg@uunet.UU.NET (Ron Guilmette)
Date: 2 Feb 91 23:15:28 GMT

In article <9101311952.AA05132@curley.osf.org> meissner@osf.org writes:
>5. Dwarf (System V.4)
>======================
>I can't find in my dwarf documents whether this is allowed or not,
>though I remember a comment about trying to remove the restriction
>that lines for a file be contigous, which would mean that you possibly
>would have to have a separate file section for each #line that
>introduced a filename, different from the previous.

I have developed a simple scheme by which DWARF may be extended to
understand include files (and the fact that executable lines may be
contained therein).

I hope to have this scheme approved by the UNIX International Programming
Language Special Interest Group, perhaps even at the upcomming meeting
February 6-7 in San Jose. (The UI/PLSIG is the group chartered with
making recommendations to USL regarding such things as debug information
format.)

If anybody reading this is interested in finding out more about the
UI/PLSIG please send me mail and I'll give you more details about
the group, its goals, and the things that it is currently working on.

--
// Ron Guilmette - C++ Entomologist
// Internet: rfg@ncd.com uucp: ...uunet!lupine!rfg