Handling keywords that are not reserved?

amb@Apple.COM (A. Michael Burbidge)
15 Jan 91 23:38:09 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Handling keywords that are not reserved? amb@Apple.COM (1991-01-15)
Handling keywords that are not reserved? meissner@osf.org (1991-01-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: amb@Apple.COM (A. Michael Burbidge)
Date: 15 Jan 91 23:38:09 GMT

I am writing a parser for MPW's Object Pascal. Some of the extension keywords
to standard Pascal are not reserved. I am using yacc and having some trouble
figuring out a clean way to handle non-reserved keywords.

I know this is a rather vague question, but if anyone has any tips or hints on
handling non-reserved keywords using yacc please let me know.

Mike Burbidge
Apple Computer, Inc.
amb@apple.com
[There isn't any clean way to handle non-reserved keywords in yacc. You
have to feed information from the parser back to the lexer to tell it when
a token can be a keyword and when it can't. -John]