MS-DOS C compiler selection

bwilab3!murray@gatech.edu (Murray W. Hertz, Jr.)
14 Nov 90 21:57:09 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
MS-DOS C compiler selection bwilab3!murray@gatech.edu (1990-11-14)
Re: MS-DOS C compiler selection draper@buster.cps.msu.edu (1990-11-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.compilers,comp.os.msdos.programmer
From: bwilab3!murray@gatech.edu (Murray W. Hertz, Jr.)
Date: 14 Nov 90 21:57:09 GMT

I am trying to make a decision on a C compiler to use in an MS-DOS
environment to communicate with the Oracle DBMS. They tell me that they
support either a Microsoft 6.0 or Lattice C interface, and I am trying to
commit one way or the other. I had planned to go with Microsoft C 6.0 until
I recently heard some disgruntled users' complaints.

Does anybody have some experience with either of these compilers/companies
that might help me make this decision? The issues are:

- Must interface to ORACLE on MS-DOS
- Must be able to distribute (and support) the compiler in Europe
- Must be able to run on a system with 150 MB of disk and 4 MB of ram
- Must not exceed $1000.00 purchase price

Thanks in advance.

Murray Hertz