Introduction to Optimizing Compilers

Mazen Saghir <saghir@eecg.toronto.edu>
Sat, 27 Oct 90 19:15:57 EDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Introduction to Optimizing Compilers saghir@eecg.toronto.edu (Mazen Saghir) (1990-10-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Mazen Saghir <saghir@eecg.toronto.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 90 19:15:57 EDT

    I wonder if anyone could recomend an introductory text (suitable for self-
study) on compiler design in general and optimizing compilers in particular.
I have become interested in RISC machines lately and would like to learn more
about the compiler side of the story. Thanks in advance.
[There are several standard compilers texts such as Aho, Sethi, and Ullman's
"Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools." Optimization moves fast
enough that most material is found in articles and conference proceedings. If
someone can point out a book that has a more recent treatment of optimization
than A, S, & U, I'd like to hear about it. -John]