obj code disassembler for IBM-PC

ganter@urz.unibas.ch
Wed, 08 Aug 90 17:12:10 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
obj code disassembler for IBM-PC ganter@urz.unibas.ch (1990-08-08)
Re: obj code disassembler for IBM-PC bright@Data-IO.COM (1990-08-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.os.msdos.programmer
From: ganter@urz.unibas.ch
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 90 17:12:10 GMT

Hello Netlanders,

I try to analyze the libraries of turbo-c. Because the modules are in obj
format, I would have to link them one by one to disassemble them with symdeb.
Now my question: is there a disassembler for obj-code, rebuilding the
structure of the compiled/assembled source as good as possible ? Best would
be a public domain program (I don't know of a "professional" one).

Thanks for any information

Robert Ganter
University of Basle
Switzerland

ganter@urz.unibas.ch
[Plink-86, a nice overlay linker now sold by Polytron or whoever bought them
comes with a reasonable object library disassembler. There may be free
disassmblers kicking around, if any are particularly interesting I'd be
interested in hearing about it, and I'd be quite interested in anything that
tries to turn object into higher level source code. (Note: Autocoder to Cobol
translators need not apply, give me a break.) In this case, though, since
Borland sells the source code to the library for about $100, why don't you
just buy it? -John]