Users of QuickBASIC or BASIC 7

Sergio Tirado Ochoa <GUAYMAS@TECMTYVM.MTY.ITESM.MX>
Sat, 14 Jul 90 23:01:05 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Users of QuickBASIC or BASIC 7 GUAYMAS@TECMTYVM.MTY.ITESM.MX (Sergio Tirado Ochoa) (1990-07-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: comp.compilers
From: Sergio Tirado Ochoa <GUAYMAS@TECMTYVM.MTY.ITESM.MX>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 90 23:01:05 GMT

I'm fairly new to this, but in the short time I've been using
netnews, I've been surprised to find nothing about basic.

Anyone out there who can give me the name of a list which
talks about basic?

Anyone who likes basic at all?

[Basic is held in pretty low esteem in the compiler community, largely
because the kludgy versions common on microcomputers in the hands of inept
but enthusiastic programmers have spawned some really awful programs. I
gather that the original authors of Dartmouth Basic are appalled at what has
been done in the name of their creation. There exist some perfectly
reasonable dialects of Basic such as True Basic, but they have attracted
limited support, probably because they aren't enough like the kludgy
microcomputer Basics to run the awful programs, and they aren't any better
than C or Pascal for writing new ones. -John]