Freeware Pascal Compiler for DOS wanted.

M.Jones@massey.ac.nz
4 Feb 90 21:21:00 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Freeware Pascal Compiler for DOS wanted. M.Jones@massey.ac.nz (1990-02-04)
Re: Freeware Pascal Compiler for DOS wanted. aubrey@rpp386.cactus.org (1990-02-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: 4 Feb 90 21:21:00 GMT
From: M.Jones@massey.ac.nz
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.pascal

I am after a freeware Pascal compiler to be used for educational purposes on
IBM PC's and compatibles. I intend to integrate it into an environment that
I already have so the features I am after are -

1. Not a memory hog! - preferably uses less than 250KB.

2. Invocation from DOS and compile-time errors messages directed to the
      standard output. It doesn't have to detect all compile errors - only
      the first one.

3. Good run-time error message reporting.

4. Public Domain, preferably with source code.

As it is only intended to use it for teaching very basic programming, it
is okay if it doesn't support all of the standard Pascal features.
--
Michael Jones
Phone: +64 63 69099