Re: Name that PD parser generator

djones@megatest.uucp (Dave Jones)
8 Sep 89 01:45:39 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Name that PD parser generator corbett@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (1989-09-06)
Re: Name that PD parser generator djones@megatest.uucp (1989-09-08)
Re: Name that PD parser generator schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu (1989-09-11)
Re: Name that PD parser generator keithh@atreus,uucp (1989-09-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: djones@megatest.uucp (Dave Jones)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 89 01:45:39 GMT

>From article <1989Sep6.152554.318@esegue.segue.boston.ma.us>, by corbett@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Robert Corbett):
>
> I have been asked to come up with another name for Zoo, since there is
> apparently an archiver named Zoo.

I've just finished a yacc-lookalike. I might have been able to use
Zoo, but when I started this one Sunday, I hadn't read about Zoo
yet. Well, there were some other reasons I wanted to do one from scratch,
besides the copyrights on other ones. For one thing, I wanted LR(1), not
LALR(1).

Anyhow, I too am puzzling over a name.

I used "Molly McYacc" as a working title. But I think I'm going to
go with "jaccl", sort of following through on the wild mammal motif.
It stands for "just another compiler-compiler lookalike".

Either that, or perhaps Mr. Corrbet will allow me to use the second best
name he receives. How about it, Robert? May I see the name list, after
you've picked over it?
[From djones@megatest.uucp (Dave Jones)]