UNCOL issues

mark@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mark Smotherman)
Wed, 10 May 89 17:04:47 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
UNCOL issues mark@hubcap.clemson.edu (1989-05-10)
Re: UNCOL issues jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (1989-05-31)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 10 May 89 17:04:47 -0400
From: mark@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mark Smotherman)

I'd be interested in how folks see the DARPA CORE ISA (i.e. essentially
a Stanford MIPS assembly language standard as intermediate code with
optimizing assemblers underneath) as just another version of the UNCOL
ambitions.
-----
Mark Smotherman, Comp. Sci. Dept., Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634
INTERNET: mark@hubcap.clemson.edu UUCP: gatech!hubcap!mark
[I was under the impression that the core isa was targeted at a relatively
narrow class of target machines, which makes the problem a lot easier. Someone
better informed than me could probably clarify this. -John]