Re: first class functions

kubiak@bach.csg.uiuc.edu (Ken Kubiak)
28 Apr 89 13:02:27 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Re: first class functions kubiak@bach.csg.uiuc.edu (1989-04-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kubiak@bach.csg.uiuc.edu (Ken Kubiak)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Apr 89 13:02:27 GMT

I've been looking at a language called Hope from Imperial College, which
is a compiled, _strongly_typed_ true functional language with true
first class functions. The excellent book _Functional_Programming_
by Field and Harrison of IC, introduces the language and gives an
in-depth study of how to compile it and anything like it. An
implementation for the Suns has been developed by IC, which is supposed
to be very fast. I can send more details on the Sun version by e-mail.

Ken Kubiak
Computer Systems Group
kubiak@csg.uiuc.edu