Portable C compiler info wanted

dan@jeremy.dec.com (Dan Frommer)
Wed, 19 Oct 88 09:47:15 PDT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Portable C compiler info wanted dan@jeremy.dec.com (1988-10-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 88 09:47:15 PDT
From: dan@jeremy.dec.com (Dan Frommer)
Bogus: We are looking for a portable C Compiler to be targeted to a 16-bit
Bogus: machine. The compiler will be hosted under VAX/VMS.

We have considered using PCC or GCC (the GNU C compiler). How do the
two compare in terms of porting efforts, reliability and quality of code
generated? Are there any other alternatives?

Please email responses or any comment that you might have to:

dan%jeremy.dec@decwrl.dec.com

Thanks in advance,

Dan Frommer
Digital Equipment Corporation, P.O. Box 10109, 93 469 Jerusalem, Israel
[I suspect targeting GCC at a 16-bit machine would be troublesome, but
defer to anyone with hand-to-hand combat experience. -John]