Re: Interprocedural Optimization Query

halldors@paul.rutgers.edu
11 May 88 11:10:38 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Interprocedural Optimization Query wendyt@pyrps5.pyramid.com (1988-05-03)
Re: Interprocedural Optimization Query halldors@paul.rutgers.edu (1988-05-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: halldors@paul.rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 May 88 11:10:38 GMT

> I'm interested in learning more about interprocedural optimization,

I see from their TOPLAS paper (Dec.1986) that the good people at Rice
were planning to do some interprocedural optimization in their R^n
programming environment. They mention in-line expansion, linkage
tailoring (semi-open,semi-close) and cross-jumping. Not too many
pointers to literature, except for
    Allen&Cocke: A catalogue of optimizing transformations. In Design
and Optimization of Compilers, R.Rustin, Ed., Prentice Hall,1972,1-30.

Slightly old, but interprocedural analysis hasn't the most commonest
thing around.

Magnus
--
alias: Magn\'us M. Halld\'orsson