EDIF reader/writer wanted

mae@Sun.COM (Mike Ekberg, Sun {Graphics Product Division})
23 Nov 87 19:55:39 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
EDIF reader/writer wanted mae@Sun.COM (1987-11-23)
Re: EDIF reader/writer wanted cacd@mucs2.UX.CS.MAN.AC.UK (1987-12-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: mae@Sun.COM (Mike Ekberg, Sun {Graphics Product Division})
Newsgroups: comp.lsi,comp.compilers
Date: 23 Nov 87 19:55:39 GMT

I'm looking for an EDIF reader/writer. EDIF is Electronic Design
Interchange Format, which is a public domain data format used to
describe schematics, symbolic and physical layouts, interconnections,
and text pertaining to the design of digital and analog circuits.

Ideal would be public domain source code in lex, yacc,
and supporting routines in C running under UNIX on a Sun (I can ask
can't I? {:->).

I am aware of the UC, Berkeley EDIF parser and lint. I phoned there
today and they are not yet selling it.

I hear a rumor of an EDIF parser from Manchester, UK.

Also have a lead on Engineering DataXpress; Translator Development
Environment. Anybody have an address?

Any comments on EDIF?

mike (sun!mae), M/S 5-40