Re: Snobol compiler/interpreter wanted

ma_jpb@ux63.bath.ac.uk (Bennett)
21 Aug 87 09:18:49 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Snobol compiler/interpreter wanted amd!pinkas@mipos3.intel.com (1987-08-18)
Re: Snobol compiler/interpreter wanted harvard!rutgers!moss!ihlpa!rjh (1987-08-20)
Re: Snobol compiler/interpreter wanted ma_jpb@ux63.bath.ac.uk (1987-08-21)
Re: Snobol compiler/interpreter wanted emv@pepe.cc.umich.edu (1987-08-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ma_jpb@ux63.bath.ac.uk (Bennett)
Newsgroups: comp.sources.wanted,comp.compilers
Date: 21 Aug 87 09:18:49 GMT
From: ma_jpb@ux63.bath.ac.uk (Bennett)

The Macro-Spitbol compiler is probably what you want. It's a Snobol4 compiler
written in a 'generalised' assembly language intended for macro expansion. It
took me a week to bring up a simple-minded translation for the 68000. It was
written by Tony McCann (University of Leeds, UK) and Robert Dewar (ex
University of Illinois I believe). I think its available for a nominal fee to
non-commercial users.

J.P. Bennett Tel: +44 225 826891
School of Mathematical Sciences Telex: 449097 UOBATH G
University of Bath Fax: +44 225 62508 (Group 3)
Bath BA2 7AY, England Email: jpb@maths.bath.ac.uk