Toy compiler available

harvard!seismo!suadb!lindberg (Per Lindberg QZ)
Mon, 8 Dec 86 19:31:23 +0100

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Toy compiler available harvard!seismo!suadb!lindberg (1986-12-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

Newsgroups: mod.compilers
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 86 19:31:23 +0100
From: harvard!seismo!suadb!lindberg (Per Lindberg QZ)

I have a short (500 lines of C) toy compiler that might be of interest
of others. It eats a sort of mini-ALGOL (called FOOGOL IV) and
produces VAX UNIX assebler source. The compiler is based on the VALGOL
I compiler by G.A. Edgar in Dr. Dobb's Journal May 1985.

I beleive it could be of interest for people who have just begun
hacking compilers, and want to see how recursive-descent works, or
learn by featurize it.

Is mod.sources the right place to send it? Or what?

--Per Lindberg (The mad programmer strikes again!)
...seismo!enea!suadb!lindberg