C Decompiler Query

johnl@ima.UUCP (John R. Levine)
7 Apr 86 21:04:14 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C Decompiler Query johnl@ima.UUCP (1986-04-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: johnl@ima.UUCP (John R. Levine)
Newsgroups: mod.compilers
Date: 7 Apr 86 21:04:14 GMT
Really-from: Dennis Bednar <harvard!seismo!rlgvax!dennis>

I'm not sure if this is the right group for this question, but
has anyone had any experience in writing a C-decompiler? The
input is assembler source, and the output is C code. The reason
I ask is a friend is thinking about writing a decompiler for
translating YUK assembly language (I don't know the model) into
C code, so that the C code can then be compiled for another
target machine (286).

I would appreciate any feedback anyone has.
Send submissions to: ima!compilers

ima is reachable as { ucbvax!cbosgd | ihnp4 | cca | bbncca | think |
uiucdcs | allegra | inmet | yale | harvard }!ima!...
Arpa mail may make it to ima!compilers@CCA-UNIX or ima!compilers@BBNCCA