|From:||Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (Dirk Craeynest)|
|Date:||Sun, 21 May 2023 12:15:13 +0200 (CEST)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="38866"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||21 May 2023 14:27:04 EDT|
|X-Kuleuven:||This mail passed the K.U.Leuven mailcluster|
Could you please cross-post this to the comp.compilers, comp.parallel,
and news.announce.conferences newsgroups, for those still on Usenet?
(Note that it is already posted to non-moderated groups,
such as comp.lang.ada.)
UPDATED Call for Participation
*** Early registration DEADLINE May 22 ***
27th Ada-Europe International Conference on
Reliable Software Technologies (AEiC 2023)
13-16 June 2023, Lisbon, Portugal
Organized by Ada-Europe
in cooperation with ACM SIGAda, SIGPLAN, SIGBED,
the Ada Resource Association (ARA), and the University of Lisbon
#AEiC2023 #AdaEurope #AdaProgramming
*** Extensive info and registration online ***
*** Add tutorials and/or a workshop to your conference registration ***
Ada-Europe - AEiC 2023 early registration deadline approaching
Come to the Ada-Europe conference in Lisbon, experience a packed
program in an exciting town, benefit from tutorials on Tuesday, join
a workshop on Friday, enjoy the social events and some sightseeing!
Register now: discounted fees until May 22!
*** General Information
The 27th Ada-Europe International Conference on Reliable Software
Technologies (AEiC 2023) returns to Lisbon, after the 2018 edition,
in the week of 13-16 June. The conference will be an in-presence
only event, with a solid core of activities.
The conference program includes two core days with a keynote talk,
a panel, peer-reviewed academic papers, industrial presentations,
and work-in-progress presentations and posters. The conference
program is bracketed by one day of tutorials, and one day with two
satellite events. There will be time for networking during breaks
as well as during the welcome reception and the conference banquet.
AEiC 2023 is the latest in a series of annual international conferences
started in the early 80's, under the auspices of Ada-Europe, the
international organization that promotes knowledge and use of Ada and
Reliable Software in general, into academic education and research,
and industrial practice.
The Ada-Europe series of conferences has over the years become
a leading international forum for providers, practitioners and
researchers in reliable software technologies. These events
highlight the increased relevance of Ada in general and in safety-
and security-critical systems in particular, and provide a unique
opportunity for interaction and collaboration between academics and
The 2023 edition of the conference continues a number of important
innovations started at the 2019 conference:
- lower registration fee for conference, unified for all participants;
- further reduced fee for all authors;
- lower registration fee for all tutorials;
- journal-based open-access publication model for peer-reviewed papers;
- more compact program with two core days (Wednesday & Thursday);
- tutorials on Tuesday, followed by welcome event for all participants;
- satellite events on Friday.
*** Overview of the Week
- Tue 14: six half-day tutorials, welcome reception
- Wed 15 & Thu 16: core program, conference dinner on Wednesday
- Fri 17: two workshops
Extensive information on AEiC 2023 is on the conference web site,
such as an overview of the program, the list of accepted papers
and presentations, and descriptions of workshops, tutorials, keynote
presentation, panel, and social events. Also check the conference site
for registration, accommodation and travel information. The Advance
Program brochure will shortly be available there as well.
The conference will take place at Hotel F=E9nix Lisboa, in Lisbon,
Portugal, which is very near downtown. It is easy to reach the hotel
from the airport, by metro or taxi, and from the hotel it is possible
to walk towards downtown to appreciate the inner city offerings.
Portugal has been elected Europe's Leading Destination 2022 at the
World Travel Awards, and Lisbon the Europe's Leading City Break
Destination 2022. Portugal is also considered one of the safest
countries in the world, ranking 6th place in 2022.
*** Invited Speakers
This year the conference will feature a keynote talk on the first day,
and a panel on the second, with three invited speakers/panelists.
The keynote and the panel will address topics of relevance in
the conference scope, with ample time for questions and answers.
- On Wed June 14, a keynote talk by Alcides Fonseca, from LASIGE,
University of Lisbon Faculty of Sciences, who will talk about
"Applications of liquid types for more reliable software".
- On Thu June 15, a panel on the "Promises and Challenges of AI-enabled
Software Development Tools for Safety-Critical Applications" will
bring around the table three experts: Douglas Schmidt (Vanderbilt
University, USA), Jochen Quante (Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany),
and Jon P=E9rez Cerrolaza (IKERLAN, Spain).
*** Conference Core Composition
The core conference program features three distinct types of technical
presentations, with different duration, in addition to the keynote
talk and the pannel session: journal-track talks (30 minutes),
industrial-track talks (20 minutes), work-in-progress-track talks
All papers presented in the journal track, the industrial track and
the work-in-progress track have undergone peer review. Presentations
are combined into by-theme and not by-track sessions, in order that
authors and participants alike enjoy all flavors of the program in
a mixed as opposed to segregated combination.
Papers and Presentations:
- 6 sessions: Verification and Validation 1, Advanced Systems,
Reliability and Performance, Verification and Validation 2,
Reliable Programming, Real-Time Systems
- 6 journal-track talks
- 7 industrial presentations and experience reports
- 15 work-in-progress reports
- posters of work-in-progress reports
- submissions and accepted contributions from around the world
- submissions by authors from 16 countries, and accepted contributions
from Austria, Brazil, Cameroon, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy,
Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK, USA
- features project posters, reserved vendor tables, and general
- 1 company already committed to be there: AdaCore
Six three-hour tutorials are offered on Tuesday 13th:
- "The HAC Ada Compiler",
by Gautier de Montmollin, Ada Switzerland, Switzerland
- "Controlling I/O Devices with Ada and the Linux Simple I/O Library",
by Philip Munts, Sweden
- "Everything you Always Wanted to Know about Characters and Strings",
by Jean-Pierre Rosen, Adalog, France
- "Introduction to the Development of Safety Critical Software",
by Jean-Pierre Rosen, Adalog, France
- "Rust Fundamentals",
by Luis Miguel Pinho and Tiago Carvalho, ISEP, Portugal
- "Concurrency and Parallelism in Rust",
by Luis Miguel Pinho and Tiago Carvalho, ISEP, Portugal
*** Satellite Events
Two workshops are held on Friday 16th:
- 8th International Workshop on "Challenges and New Approaches for
Dependable and Cyber-Physical System Engineering" (DeCPS 2023)
- 2nd International Workshop "AADL by its Practitioners (ADEPT)"
*** Social Program
The conference provides several opportunities to socialize:
- Each day: coffee breaks and sit-down lunches offer ample time for
interaction and networking with participants and vendors.
- Tuesday early evening: Welcome Reception in the gardens of the
National Museum of Science & Natural History. During two hours, a
selection of drinks and appetizers will be served and participants
will have the opportunity to taste port wine while walking in the
nice botanical gardens of the museum.
- Wednesday evening: Conference Banquet in the "Casa do Alentejo"
restaurant, downtown Lisbon. When entering the building, visitors
are surprised with the several rooms of the building (an old palace
that served as a casino in the XX century) featuring diverse styles
and decoration. Participants will have the opportunity to taste
cod fish baked in olive oil, which is a very typical Portuguese dish.
*** Further Information
- registration information (and link to registration form) is provided
- early registration discount until Monday May 22, 2023
- payment possible by credit card or bank transfer
- special low fee for authors and students
- discount for Ada-Europe, ACM SIGAda, SIGBED and SIGPLAN members
- registration includes coffee breaks, lunches and social events
- low tutorial fees
- low workshop fees
- see registration page for all details
- recommended Twitter hashtags: #AEiC2023 #AdaEurope #AdaProgramming
- Advance Program brochure to be available online at
AEiC 2023 Sponsors:
- AdaCore: https://www.adacore.com/
The conference is supported and sponsored by
- Ada-Europe: http://www.ada-europe.org/
and organized in cooperation with
- ACM SIGAda: http://www.sigada.org/
- ACM SIGBED: https://sigbed.org/
- ACM SIGPLAN: http://www.sigplan.org/
- ARA: https://www.adaic.org/community/
- Ci=EAncias ULisboa: https://ciencias.ulisboa.pt/en
Please make sure you book accommodation as soon as possible.
For more info and latest updates see the conference web site at
We look forward to seeing you in Lisbon in June 2023!
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
Please circulate widely.
Dirk Craeynest, AEiC 2023 Publicity Chair
* 27th Ada-Europe Int. Conf. Reliable Software Technologies (AEiC 2023)
* June 13-16, 2023, Lisbon, Portugal, www.ada-europe.org/conference2023
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.