Compilers :)

"Tristan B. Velloza Kildaire" <deavmi@redxen.eu>
Mon, 2 Jan 2023 12:28:12 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compilers :) deavmi@redxen.eu (Tristan B. Velloza Kildaire) (2023-01-02)
Re: Compilers :) spibou@gmail.com (Spiros Bousbouras) (2023-01-02)
Re: another C-like language? was Compilers :) stephenjohnlimb@gmail.com (Steve Limb) (2023-01-03)
Re: another C-like language? was Compilers :) gah4@u.washington.edu (gah4) (2023-01-03)
Re: another C-like language? was Compilers :) arnold@skeeve.com (2023-01-04)
Re: another C-like language? was Compilers :) gah4@u.washington.edu (gah4) (2023-01-04)
Re: Compilers :) DrDiettrich1@netscape.net (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2023-01-05)

From: "Tristan B. Velloza Kildaire" <deavmi@redxen.eu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 12:28:12 +0200

I am currently working on my own compiler for something like C but with
minimal object orientation support and no features like
templating/generics etc etc.

Trying to get a feeler out there for anyone who would be interested in
using such a language, obviously the project is something I work on in
my spare time but I have written everything from scratch. I plan to, by
the end of 2023 hopefully, have a full release out. The code emit is
already working well and so is the dependency tree algorithmn.

Also, keen to hear what everyone else is working on here?

[Not to discourage you or anything, but the chances of people
switching to yet another C-like language rounds to zero. Only Rust and
Go have gotten any traction lately, but they both have big companies
behind them, and they have libraries and build environments. Writing
your own language is fun and a good way to learn, but it's not likely
to be of interest to other people. -John]