|Seed7 Release 2021-03-22 firstname.lastname@example.org (Thomas Mertes) (2021-03-27)|
|From:||Thomas Mertes <email@example.com>|
|Date:||Sat, 27 Mar 2021 11:28:18 -0400 (EDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="42503"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||27 Mar 2021 11:28:18 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20210322.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
Seed7 is also at GitHub: https://github.com/ThomasMertes/seed7
The Seed7 programming language has many interesting concepts, which
are explained at its Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Notable changes in this release are:
- Support to read GIF and BMP images has been added.
- The performance of several functions has been improved: Lempel-Ziv-Welch (LZW) compression/decompression and reading bits from a string.
- Additional optimizations have been introduced in the Seed7 compiler.
- Some misleading tests have been removed from chkflt.sd7. Many
thanks go to Zachary Menzies for pointing out problems with the
tests for trunc() and round().
- The new library gif.s7i has been added. This library supports the
GIF image file format.
- The new library bmp.s7i has been added. This library supports the
BMP image file format. The functions readBmp() and str(BMP) have
been moved from draw.s7i to the new library bmp.s7i. The performance
and functionality of readBmp() has been improved. The deprecated
function read_bmp() has been removed (the function readBmp() can be
- In bitdata.s7i the performance of getBitsLsb() and getBitsMsb() has
- The functions peekBitsLsb(), skipBitsLsb(), peekBitsMsb() and
skipBitsMsb() have been added to bitdata.s7i.
- The functions lzwCompressLsb(), lzwDecompressLsb(),
lzwCompressMsb(), lzwDecompressMsb(), lzwCompressMsbEarlyChange()
and lzwDecompressMsbEarlyChange() have been added to lzw.s7i.
The functions lzwEncodeMsb() and lzwDecodeMsb() have been
deprecated (use lzwCompressMsbEarlyChange() respectively
- Tests for INDEX_ERROR have been added to chkarr.sd7.
- Tests for peekBitsLsb() and peekBitsMsb() have been added to
- Tests for << (shift left) have been added to chkint.sd7.
- Tests for string concatenations where the second parameter is a
string of length 1 (created by str(aChar)) have been added to
- The function getStriUpToChar() has been added to bytedata.s7i.
- The experimental function seekable() has been added to file.s7i,
null_file.s7i, clib_file.s7i, external_file.s7i, strifile.s7i,
subfile.s7i, utf16.s7i, iobuffer.s7i, gzip.s7i, lzma.s7i, xz.s7i and
- Several optimizations have been done in the compiler (s7c.sd7):
- In comp/arr_act.s7i the index check for the action ARR_IDX has
- In comp/int_act.s7i the overflow check for the actions
INT_ADD_ASSIGN and INT_SBTR_ASSIGN has been improved.
- In comp/intrange.s7i the function getIntRange() has been improved
to get a range for the action INT_LSHIFT and to get a better range
for the action INT_MOD.
- In comp/str_act.s7i the function optimize_str_cat has been
improved to generate a call of strConcatChar() or
strConcatCharTemp(), if applicable.
- In comp/chr_act.s7i the generation of the macro chrStrMacro()
has been improved to avoid #line directives in macro parameters.
- In drw_win.c the performance of the function drwImage() has been
improved. Instead of calling SetPixel() for every pixel it now does
one call of CreateBitmap().
- In runerr.c in the function write_curr_position() the check for
the current action object has been improved.
- The functions strConcatChar() and strConcatCharTemp() have been
- The function filSeekable() has been added to fil_rtl.c.
- The function determineLseekFunction() has been added to chkccomp.c.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.