|Seed7 Release 2020-12-08 firstname.lastname@example.org (Thomas Mertes) (2020-12-13)|
|From:||Thomas Mertes <email@example.com>|
|Date:||Sun, 13 Dec 2020 09:46:12 -0800 (PST)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="94984"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||13 Dec 2020 13:03:42 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20201208.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Answers to two new questions have been added to the FAQ. Answers to
three existing questions have been improved.
- In dialog.s7i the function messageWindow() has been added and the
function isOkay() has been improved. Dialog windows are placed now at
the center of the main window (or screen if there is no main window).
- The functions screenHeight(), screenWidth(), getBorder() and
setCloseAction() have been added to graph.s7i.
- Definitions of while- and repeat-loops with empty loop body have been
added to seed7_05.s7i and syntax.s7i.
- In seed7_05.s7i the new exception CLOSE_ERROR has been introduced and
enumeration types have been improved to support the function rand().
- The calc7 example program has been improved to support the functions
getHttp() and getHttps().
- In sokoban.sd7 the function to read a level number has been improved.
- The programs castle.sd7, gkbd.sd7, klondike.sd7, lander.sd7,
mahjong.sd7, mandelbr.sd7, pairs.sd7, panic.sd7, planets.sd7,
shisen.sd7, sokoban.sd7, sudoku7.sd7, tetg.sd7 and wator.sd7 have
been improved to handle the close button (from the window title bar).
- A boss mode has been added to the castle.sd7, sokoban.sd7, pairs.sd7
and shisen.sd7 example programs.
- Tests for while- and repeat-loops have been added to chkprc.sd7.
- Cosmetic improvements have been done in planets.sd7 and sl.sd7.
- The key KEY_CLOSE has been added to keybd.s7i and keydescr.s7i.
- The support for function types (func aType and proc) in the Seed7
compiler has been improved.
- In drw_win.c the function drwOpen() has been improved to place the
window at the requested position.
- In drw_x11.c the functions drwXPos() and drwYPos() have been improved
to return the position relative to the screen (instead of relative to
the parent window).
- The functions drwBorder(), drwScreenHeight(), drwScreenWidth() and
drwSetCloseAction() have been added to drw_win.c, drw_x11.c and
- In gkb_win.c and gkb_x11.c the function gkbGetc() has been improved
to recognize the close button from the window title bar.
- In gkb_win.c the function gkbKeyPressed() has been improved to handle
the close button from the window title bar.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine the value
- The function XQueryTree has been added to fwd_x11.c and x11_x.h.
- An explanation about C compiler warnings about "passing argument with
different width due to prototype" has been added to src/read_me.txt.
- Documentation comments have been added or improved in dialog.s7i,
graph.s7i, sl.sd7, drwlib.c, drw_win.c and drw_x11.c.
- In several files casts have been introduced to reduce the number of
warnings that are flagged with a historic version of gcc.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
DRW_BORDER, DRW_SCREEN_HEIGHT, DRW_SCREEN_WIDTH, DRW_SETCLOSEACTION,
PRC_REPEAT_NOOP, PRC_RETURN and PRC_WHILE_NOOP.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.