|Seed7 Release 2020-07-27 email@example.com (2020-07-31)|
|Date:||Fri, 31 Jul 2020 23:23:18 -0400 (EDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="54606"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||31 Jul 2020 23:23:18 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20200727.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- In ut8_rtl.c the function ut8Seek() has been improved such that
a call of ut8Seek() can be directly followed by a statement to write
to the file.
- The library rpm.s7i has been improved to write changes to the
archive file, when the archive is closed.
- The library tar_cmds.s7i has been improved to support Zstandard
compressed tar archives.
- The functions setOwner() and setGroup() have been added to cpio.s7i
- The test programs chkbig.sd7, chkbin.sd7, chkflt.sd7, chkhsh.sd7,
chkint.sd7, chkset.sd7 and chkstr.sd7 have been improved to increase
the code coverage of the Seed7 run-time library.
- The example program chkfil.sd7 has been added. This program checks
the correctness of file operations.
- The example program chkbst.sd7 has been added. This program checks
the correctness of bstring functions.
- The program chk_all.sd7 has been improved to call the new programs
chkbst.sd7 and chkfil.sd7. It also has been adjusted to the changes
in the check programs.
- In strifile.s7i the function write() has been improved to use @:=
if a file is overwritten. This is much quicker that the previous
approach, that used several string concatenations.
- The function openTarFileWithMagic() has been added to tar_cmds.s7i.
This function is used by tarTell() and tarXtract().
- In cpio.s7i the function to close the CPIO archive has been changed
to leave the underlying file open.
- In external_file.s7i the function close has been changed to set the
underlying clib file to NULL.
- In gzip.s7i the function to close a gzipFile has been changed to
leave the destination file open.
- The conversion function integer() has been added to bin32.s7i and
- The compiler (s7c.sd7) has been improved (in set_act.s7i) to produce
correct code for the actions SET_CONV1 and SET_CONV3 (independent
if a normal expression or a result expression is converted).
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
CMD_SET_GROUP and CMD_SET_OWNER.
- The functions cmd_set_group() and cmd_set_owner() have been added to
- The functions getGidFromGroup(), getUidFromUser(), cmdSetGroup() and
cmdSetOwner() have been added to cmd_unx.c. The functions
getGroupFromGid() and getUserFromUid() have been improved.
- The functions getSidFromName(), cmdSetGroup() and cmdSetOwner() have
been added to cmd_win.c. The functions getNameFromSid(),
cmdGetGroup() and cmdGetOwner() have been improved.
- In big_rtl.c the functions bigMDivSizeLess() and bigModSizeLess()
have been simplified. A bug triggered by a zero dividend has been
- In flt_rtl.c the function fltRand() has been fixed to work correct
for rand(-Infinity, Infinity).
- In numutl.c the function getDecimalInt() has been improved.
- The function setEmpty() has been removed from set_rtl.c.
- In set_rtl.c the functions setNext() and setToUInt() have been fixed
to work correct.
- In strlib.c and str_rtl.c the function strSplit() has been fixed to
work correct, if the delimiter consists of two or more characters.
- In fil_rtl.c the functions get_mode() and filClose() have been
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine the values
HAS_GETGRNAM_R, HAS_GETGRNAM, HAS_GETPWNAM_R and HAS_GETPWNAM.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.