|Seed7 Release 2020-05-31 email@example.com (2020-05-31)|
|Date:||Sun, 31 May 2020 11:56:57 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="36668"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||31 May 2020 15:16:15 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20200531.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The libraries tar.s7i, cpio.s7i and rpm.s7i have been improved such
that the file system functions follow symbolic links (inside of the
- The library zip.s7i has been improved to support the functions
setFileMode(), setMTime() and putFile().
- The library ar.s7i has been improved to allow UTF-8 file names and to
support the functions setFileMode(), setMTime(), putFile() and
- The library rpm.s7i has been improved to support a LZMA compressed
- The library cpio.s7i has been improved such that setFileMode(),
putFile() and mkdir() work correct.
- The library lzma.s7i has been fixed such that xz.s7i can handle
uncompressed chunks in an XZ archive. A bug in the function length()
has been fixed also.
- The new library fileutil.s7i has been added. This library supports
inserting and deleting areas in a file. The function copyFile, which
copies data between open files, has been moved from file.s7i to
- The function truncate(), which changes the length of a file, has been
added to file.s7i, external_file.s7i, clib_file.s7i, strifile.s7i and
- The library iobuffer.s7i has been improved to allow switching between
reading and writing (and vice versa) as long as seek() is called in
between. The functions flush() and close() have been added and the
functions seek(), tell() and moveLeft() have been improved.
- The function deflate(), which deflates a string has been added to the
- The function moveLeft() has been improved in strifile.s7i and
- The function timestamp1601 has been added to time.s7i.
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program has been improved.
Support for LINPUT statements, for the function RPT$ and for the
string concatenation operator & has been added. The predefined
subprogram CHAR has been improved. Now PRINT statemens allow a colon
(:) between strings to describe a line break. Now INPUT statements
allow a colon (:) between input prompt and variable list. A dummy
implementation of the predefined subprogram SOUND has been defined.
- In seed7_05.s7i the definition of ::= for the type void has been
changed to use the action ENU_CREATE instead of PRC_NOOP. This avoids
a strange interpreter message (loc not dumped) if a void value is
- Tests in chkint.sd7 have been split into several functions.
- Documentation in the FAQ, the manual and s7c.1 has been improved.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the new action
- The compiler has been improved (in comp/inline.s7i in the function
push_inline_func_param) to add a "const" for a parameter definition.
This avoids a compilation error with g++.
- The keyboard driver gkb_x11.c has been improved to to support the
ALT modifier also unter macOS.
- Code in sql_tds.c has been refactored. Unused struct fields have been
removed. The function sqlColumnDuration() has been improved.
- In tim_dos.c the function timAwait() has been improved to use
timToOsTimestamp() instead of mkutc() to get the timestamp.
- The function mkutc() has been removed from tim_rtl.c.
- The function XGetKeyboardControl() has been added to fwd_x11.c and
- The files fwd_term.c and fwd_term.h have been improved to work also
if termios.h is available.
- The makefiles have been improved to simplify the build system. Now
chkccomp.c includes the file base.h and generates version.h by
copying base.h and appending settings.h. Afterwards chkccomp.c
appends more values to version.h. These values are determined with
test programs. Additionally GET_CC_VERSION_INFO has been replaced by
CC_OPT_VERSION_INFO and CC_VERSION_INFO_FILEDES. The value
C_COMPILER_VERSION is now determined by chkccomp.c.
- The files confval.sd7, cc_conf.s7i, cmd_rtl.c and setpaths.c have
been improved to use the new configuration values.
- In cc_conf.s7i, confval.sd7, s7c.sd7, chkccomp.c, cmd_rtl.c and
os_decls.h the configuration values CC_ERROR_FILDES,
REDIRECT_FILDES_1 and REDIRECT_FILDES_2 have been renamed to
CC_ERROR_FILEDES, REDIRECT_FILEDES_1 and REDIRECT_FILEDES_2
- The functions appendFile(), determineCompilerVersion() and
determineFtruncate() have been added to chkccomp.c.
- Documentation comments have been added or improved in array.s7i,
bigint.s7i, integer.s7i, progs.s7i, string.s7i, flt_rtl.c,
ref_data.c, reflib.c, setlib.c, set_rtl.c, sigutl.c and tim_rtl.c.
- Occurrances of the words minimal and maximal have been replaced with
minimum and maximum in several files.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.