|Seed7 Release 2020-04-05 email@example.com (2020-04-05)|
|Date:||Sun, 5 Apr 2020 13:17:26 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="55516"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||05 Apr 2020 16:53:28 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20200405.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The new library xz.s7i has been added. This library supports XZ
- The new library lzma.s7i has been added. This library supports LZMA
- The library rpm.s7i has been improved to support an XZ compressed
- The library tar_cmds.s7i and the program tar7.s7i have been improved
to support XZ and LZMA compressed tar archives.
- The library zip.s7i has been improved to support Unicode file names.
- As suggested by Zachary Menzies a detection of modifier keys has been
added. E.g. buttonPressed(KEYBOARD, KEY_SHIFT). Additionally several
new key combinations such as KEY_SFT_MOUSE1 and KEY_CTL_PAD_CENTER
have been added to keybd.s7i.
- The program gkbd.sd7 has been improved to show the new capabilies of
the keybord interface.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved, to write a compile time
error, if a numerical escape sequence in a string or char literal
is too big.
- The compiler has been improved to omit overflow checks for the
dividend of the mod operator, if the divisor is a power of two. This
reduces the runtime of the xz (lzma2) decompression by 2.3% (measured
with gcc and valgrind, when decompressing a binary Seed7 package).
- The compiler file comp/intrange.s7i has been added. This file defines
the function getIntRange(), which computes the range of possible
results for several operators (e.g.: div, rem, mdiv, mod, >>) and
functions (e.g.: sqrt, length, pos, rand, log).
- The compiler has been improved to use the function getIntRange() to
omit overflow checks for addition, subtraction, multiplication and
left shift of integer values. This reduces the runtime of the xz
(lzma2) decompression by 0.4% (measured with gcc and valgrind, when
decompressing a binary Seed7 package).
- In the compiler the code generation for the operators div, rem, mdiv,
mod, * and << has been improved to work without catching the
- The compiler has been improved to do a range check for the action
FLT_BITS2SINGLE (convert integer to single precision float value).
- The compiler has been improved to generate code that writes the error
message of a DATABASE_ERROR, if the exception is uncatched.
- The compiler has been improved to suppress the usage of the C
compiler option CC_OPT_TRAP_OVERFLOW (-ftrapv), if the Seed7 compiler
option -so (suppress overflow checks) is used.
- The makefiles mk_clang.mak, mk_clangw.mak and mk_osxcl.mak have been
improved to define CC_OPT_TRAP_OVERFLOW with the value -ftrapv.
- The functions check_mod_by_power_of_two_optimization() and
check_mod_by_computed_power_of_two_optimization() have been added
to chkint.sd7. This functions check the mod operator regarding
the new compiler optimization for the mod dividend.
- The functions check_reduced_overflow_checking_for_sums(),
check_reduced_overflow_checking_for_lshift() have been added to
chkint.sd7 and chkovf.sd7. This functions test the compiler
optimization to reduce overflow checking with getIntRange().
- The libraries aes.s7i, bitdata.s7i, color.s7i, deflate.s7i, draw.s7i,
ico.s7i, msgdigest.s7i, pkcs1.s7i, showtls.s7i and utf16.s7i have
been improved to use the division operators 'mdiv' and 'mod' instead
of 'div' and 'rem'.
- The configuration value CC_OPT_TRAP_OVERFLOW has been introduced in
cc_conf.s7i, confval.sd7, s7c.sd7, chkccomp.c, cmd_rtl.c and
- The function write_exception_info() has been added to runerr.c. This
function is called in executl.c.
- The keyboard drivers gkb_win.c and gkb_x11.c have been improved to
support modifier keys and more key combinations.
- Definitions for 31 new key compinations and 9 modifier keys have
been added to keybd.s7i and keydescr.s7i.
- Documentation comments have been improved in ar.s7i, cc_conf.s7i
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.