|Seed7 Release 2020-03-08 firstname.lastname@example.org (2020-03-08)|
|Date:||Sun, 8 Mar 2020 14:36:49 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="16435"; mail-complaints-to="email@example.com"|
|Posted-Date:||08 Mar 2020 20:33:35 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20200308.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The new library cpio.s7i has been added. This library supports cpio
- The new library rpm.s7i has been added. This library supports rpm
- The new library ar.s7i has been added. This library supports ar
- The new library subfile.s7i has been added. This library allows to
open a part of an existing file as read only file.
- The new library filebits.s7i has been added. This library defines
file mode bits used by archive file systems.
- The libraries bin32.s7i and bin64.s7i have been improved to support
case statements for the types bin32 and bin64.
- The tarHeader element 'size' has been renamed to 'fileSize' in
tar.s7i and tar_cmds.s7i.
- Tests for the operator 'conv' and for the functions compare(), str(),
float(), trunc() and round() have been added to chkflt.sd7.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine the values
MINIMUM_TRUNC_ARGUMENT and MAXIMUM_TRUNC_ARGUMENT.
- Definitions of MINIMUM_TRUNC_ARGUMENT and MAXIMUM_TRUNC_ARGUMENT have
been added to cc_conf.s7i.
- The compiler (s7c) has been improved (in comp/flt_act.s7i) such that
the actions FLT_TRUNC and FLT_ROUND do the correct check for the
- The database driver sql_oci.c has been improved to support the types
BINARY_FLOAT and BINARY_DOUBLE.
- Tests for FLOAT and DOUBLE fields have been added to chkdb.sd7.
- A definition of the constant GZIP_MAGIC has been added to gzip.s7i.
- In file.s7i and iobuffer.s7i the functions hasNext() and length()
have been changed to use an inout parameter for the file. This fixes
a problem in compiled programs with some file systems where also an
inout parameter is used for the file.
- The file db_oci.h has been improved to define SQLT_BFLOAT,
SQLT_IBFLOAT, SQLT_BDOUBLE and SQLT_IBDOUBLE.
- In fltlib.c the functions flt_trunc() and flt_round() have been
improved to do the correct check for the exception RANGE_ERROR.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.