|Seed7 Release 2019-10-20 email@example.com (2019-10-20)|
|Date:||Sun, 20 Oct 2019 23:58:13 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="81525"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||21 Oct 2019 12:28:48 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20191020.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The support for Emscripten has been improved to allow the compilation
of Seed7 programs.
- Improvements have been done in sql_odbc.c to support the connection
with a DB2 database.
- Testcases for pos() and rpos() have been added to chkstr.sd7.
- The compiler has been improved to optimize the functions pos() and
rpos() (actions STR_POS, STR_RPOS, STR_CHPOS, STR_RCHPOS).
- The program setwpath.c has been improved to work correct in more
situations (E.g.: If no PATH variable exists, if the path to be added
is a substring of an existing path, if the first path in the PATH
variable is to be removed, if there is only on path in the PATH
variable and this path is to be removed).
- In fil.unx.c the function setupFiles() has been improved to mount the
file systems for Emscripten and node.js with a better strategy.
- In sql_odbc.c the function sqlStmtColumnName() has been improved to
work with one call of SQLColAttributeW(), if the length of the column
name is below a limit. Additionally a parameter of NULL as
destination for the name has be replaced by a valid adress. The usage
of NULL triggered an error with DB2.
- The configuration value LINKED_PROGRAM_EXTENSION has been added to
cc_conf.s7i. The linker produces a file with the extension defined by
LINKED_PROGRAM_EXTENSION. Usually LINKED_PROGRAM_EXTENSION is
identical to EXECUTABLE_FILE_EXTENSION. Except for Emscripten where,
the value is ".js".
- The makefiles mk_emccl.mak and mk_emccw.mak have been improved to
- The compiler (s7c.s7i), the function getProgramName() in arr_rtl.c,
the function cmdConfigValue() in cmd_rtl.c and the program chkccomp.c
have been improved to use LINKED_PROGRAM_EXTENSION.
- In chkccomp.c the function determineEnvironDefines() has been
improved to determine, if getenv() works case sensitive. A definition
of GETENV_IS_CASE_SENSITIVE, with a value of 0 or 1, is written to
- The function getSearchPathDelimiter() has been added to cmd_rtl.c.
This function is used if SEARCH_PATH_DELIMITER is 0. In this case
the search path delimiter must be determined at run-time.
- The function systemForNodeJs() has been added to cmd_rtl.c. This
function is used for Emscripten and node.js as replacement for the
C run-time library function system().
- The files sql_fire.c, sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c
and sql_post.c have been improved to work correct, if no database
include file could be found. Normally this should not happen,
because Seed7 can provide its own database include files.
- The functions getenv7() and setenv7() have been added to cmd_unx.c.
This functions are used for Emscripten, because of a limitation in
the Emscripten implementations of getenv() and setenv().
- Documentation comments have been improved in external_file.s7i,
file.s7i, leb128.s7i, scanfile.s7i, scanstri.s7i and string.s7i.
- Comments explaining the usage of undefined behavior have been added
to arrlib.c, bstlib.c, set_rtl.c and strlib.c.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.