|Seed7 Release 2019-05-06 email@example.com (2019-05-06)|
|Date:||Mon, 6 May 2019 13:52:22 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="42229"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||06 May 2019 17:17:51 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20190506.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The utility program bigfiles.sd7 has been added. Bigfiles is an
utility program to search for big files. This is useful, when the
disk is almost full and files must be removed to get more space.
- The utility program sydir7.sd7 has been improved. Now it supports the
option -n, which assures that no changes are done.
- The program db7.sd7 (Database Inspector) has been improved to write
an error message, when reading the catalog of database tables fails.
- The program chkbitdata.sd7 has been added. This program checks
functions from the bitdata.s7i library.
- In the FAQ the explanation, how Seed7 is compiled, has been improved.
- The description of several conversion functions in the manual has
- The function ripemd160 has been added to msgdigest.s7i. This function
computes a message digest with the RIPEMD-160 algorithm.
- The functions toBase58, fromBase58, toBase and fromBase have been
added to encoding.s7i. This functions support Base58 encoding and
similar other encodings with a positional numeric system.
- The functions putBitLsb, putBitsLsb, getBitMsb, getBitsMsb, putBitMsb
and putBitsMsb have been added to bitdata.s7i. This functions read
and write bits from and to a file.
- The new library leb128.s7i has been added. This library supports the
conversion of integers to and from LEB128 encoding. LEB128 is a
variable-length encoding for integers. It is used e.g. by the DWARF
debug file format and by WebAssembly.
- Tests for the functions leb128ToInt(), uLeb128ToInt(), leb128() and
uLeb128() have been added to chkint.sd7.
- The library make.s7i has been improved to avoid a makefile rule
- The function hex2Bytes has been added to bytedata.s7i. This function
converts a string with hexadecimal digits to a string of bytes.
- The function reverse has been added to string.s7i and seed7_05.s7i.
- The function tableNamesCommand has been added to sql_base.s7i.
- Conversion functions have been added to char.s7i
- In big_rtl.c the function uBigMult has been changed to be faster,
when the size of factor2 is 1.
- In con_inf.c code to copy the environment for Emscripten and node.js
has been added. This code is deactivated, because of a limitation
in the Emscripten implementations of getenv() and setenv().
- The makefiles have been improved to copy the file version.h to a
name that corresponds to the makefile. E.g.: The makefile
mk_linux.mak copies version.h to vers_linux.h. This helps comparing
different version.h files.
- Documentation has been added to chkccomp.c and read_me.txt.
- The prototype of the function refCatParse has been changed in
ref_data.c, ref_data.h and ref_act.s7i. The compiler (s7c.sd7) has
been changed to add a cast in the function init_set_constants().
In sql_odbc.c casts have been added. This changes avoid C++
- Calls of logFunction and logError have been added in con_inf.c,
dll_unx.c and dll_win.c.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.