Optimised Node Splitting in Irreducible Flow Graphs

bilal.a.tariq@gmail.com
Mon, 21 Jan 2019 22:09:58 -0500 (EST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimised Node Splitting in Irreducible Flow Graphs bilal.a.tariq@gmail.com (2019-01-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: bilal.a.tariq@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 22:09:58 -0500 (EST)
Posted-Date: 21 Jan 2019 22:09:58 EST

Hello

I am working on a hobbyist transpiler/optimiser for Java bytecode and am
interested in implementing the controlled node splitting algorithm specified
in "Making graphs reducible with controlled node splitting" by Johan Janssen
and Henk Corporaal. More specifically I am unsure what the best way to
identify the "loop-sets" are, defined as paths (n_1,...,n_k) where n_1 is an
immediate successor of n_k. The loopsets formed here seem similar to strongly
connected components to me but they are not the same. Perhaps there is a
reference implementation I could look at or is there something glaringly
obvious I am missing?

B. Tariq