|Seed7 Release 2018-11-25 email@example.com (2018-12-02)|
|Date:||Sun, 2 Dec 2018 12:40:06 -0500 (EST)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="56394"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||02 Dec 2018 12:40:06 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20181125.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- In sql_odbc.c the handling of blobs has been improved. Selects with
normal and blob fields work now independent from the order of fields.
The functions resizeBindArray() and getClob() have been removed. The
functions setupParameters(), getBlob(), getData() and fetchBlobs()
have been added and the function getWCLob() has been improved.
- In sql_odbc.c the handling of time values has been improved to
support the sql type datetime2 and times with fractions of a second.
The functions sqlBindTime() and sqlColumnTime() have been improved.
- In sql_odbc.c the binding of bigRational and null values has been
improved. The functions sqlBindBigRat() and sqlBindNull() have been
- In the library duration.s7i the function str() and the operator
'parse' have been improved to use P[nY][nM][nD][T[nH][nM][n[.n]S]] as
format for the string representation of a duration.
- In dir_rtl.c the function dirRead() has been improved to use the
functions conv_from_os_stri() and os_stri_strlen() instead of
os_stri_to_stri(). This reduces the runtime of dirRead() by 2%
(measured with gcc and valgrind, when reading 1532 directories).
- In the compiler (in comp/const.s7i) the actions BST_PARSE, FLT_PARSE
and INT_PARSE have been added to the list of special actions.
- The function duration(), which converts a string to a duration value,
has been added to duration.s7i.
- The function time(), which converts a string to a time value, has
been added to time.s7i. Additionally parsing of time literals has
been improved to support negative years.
- The function bstring(), which converts a string to a bstring value,
has been added to bstring.s7i.
- The function rand(), which computes a pseudo-random time in a given
range, has been added to time.s7i.
- Tests for the function float(), which converts a string to a float
value, have been added to chkflt.sd7.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine INT64_SIZE
(the size of __int64), HAS_LLABS, HAS_ABS64, STRINGIFY_WORKS,
HAS_GMTIME_R and HAS_GMTIME_S.
- Documentation comments have been added or improved in sockbase.s7i,
fil_rtl.c, fil_unx.c, fil_win.c, soclib.c and soc_rtl.c.
- In heaputl.c the function growStri() has been improved to have a
smarter behavior in the case when malloc() returns NULL.
- The functions sqlBindDuration and sqlColumnDuration have been
improved in sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c and
- The parameter time_zone has been added to the function sqlBindTime()
in sqllib.c, sql_rtl.h, sql_rtl.c, sql_drv.h, sql_lite.c, sql_my.c,
sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c, sql_post.c and comp/sql_act.s7i.
- A function to bind a duration value to a prepared statement has been
added to the library sql_base.s7i.
- The example program chkdb.sd7 has been improved to check inserting
and selecting time and duration values into and from a database.
- In sql_lite.c the function sqlColumnTime() has been improved.
- In sql_post.c the functions sqlBindTime() and sqlColumnTime() have
- The functions stringify() and conv_wstri_buf_to_cstri() have been
added to striutl.c.
- In tim_rtl.c the functions mkutc() and unchecked_mkutc() have been
improved to work with negative years.
- The function timUtcFromTimestamp() has been added to tim_rtl.c.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.