Qubit Allocation

Fernando <pronesto@gmail.com>
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 06:17:09 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Qubit Allocation pronesto@gmail.com (Fernando) (2018-11-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Fernando <pronesto@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 06:17:09 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 11 Nov 2018 04:41:29 EST

Hi all,

        Qubit allocation is the problem of mapping a quantum program onto a given
target quantum architecture. The problem became very important now that IBM
has released different quantum computers that can be used remotely
(https://quantumexperience.ng.bluemix.net/). Just this year there were at
least three different algorithms published in papers. We have put together a
webpage with different qubit allocation algorithms that can be tried online.
The link is here:

http://cuda.dcc.ufmg.br/enfield/

        You can enter a program in QASM, choose the qubit allocator you want,
choose the target quantum architecture (we have IBM Q2 - 5 qubits, and IBM Q3
- 16 qubits), and then get the program mapped to the physical architecture.
The algorithms that we currently have implemented are from these papers:

* An Efficient Methodology for Mapping Quantum Circuits to the IBM QX
Architecture, IEEE TCAD, 2018
* Qubit Allocation, CGO, 2018
* Tackling the Qubit Mapping Problem for NISQ-Era Quantum Devices,
arXiv:1809.02573

Plus a few algorithms available in the IBM toolkit. These algorithms are part
of the Enfield compiler, which generates code for quantum computers. Whoever
wants to add in new algorithms or optimizations is welcome to get in touch
with us.

Regards,

Fernando