|Seed7 Release 2018-10-14 email@example.com (2018-10-14)|
|Date:||Sun, 14 Oct 2018 12:41:57 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="35320"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||15 Oct 2018 17:40:17 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20181014.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Simple function profiling has been added to the compiler. Profiling
is enabled, when programs are compiled with the option -p. When
programs with profiling are executed they write profiling information
to the file profile_out, when they terminate.
- An explanation of the compiler option -p (simple profiling) has been
added to the FAQ.
- The function str_dd_mm_yy has been added to the library time.s7i.
- In chkflt.sd7 the tests for the operator ** (with an exponent of NaN)
have been improved.
- Documentation comments have been improved in integer.s7i, intlib.c,
int_rtl.c, tim_unx.c and tim_win.c.
- In hsh_rtl.c the function hshIdxEnterDefault has been simplified to
use fewer parameters. Usages of hshIdxEnterDefault in gkb_win.c,
gkb_x11.c, pol_sel.c, pol_unx.c, ref_data.c and typ_data.c have been
adjusted to the reduced number of parameters.
- In int_rtl.c the performance of the function intParse has been
improved (when two's complement integers are used).
- In pcs_unx.c the function pcsStart has been improved to work correct
when stdin, stdout or stderr are not redirected.
- In flt_rtl.c the function fltPow() has been improved to work correct,
when the base is zero and the exponent is NaN.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to check the function pow()
with more test cases.
- In striutl.c the function heapAllocOsStri() has been refactored to
return the allocated string instead of using a pointer to a string
variable. This opens the possibility to optimize usages of the macro
- The definition of WITH_SQL has been removed from the makefiles and
added to the file config.h instead.
- The file config.h has been changed to define the macros WITH_FLOAT,
WITH_REFERENCE, WITH_DRAW, WITH_STATISTIC, WITH_COMPILATION_INFO and
- The function timMicroSec in tim_unx.c and tim_win.c has been changed
to be useable for the simple profiling.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.