|Seed7 Release 2018-07-08 email@example.com (2018-07-08)|
|Date:||Sun, 8 Jul 2018 14:55:54 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="71637"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||11 Jul 2018 11:37:30 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20180708.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The operating system DOS is supported (with DJGPP) again. The tests
have been done with Dosbox and Dosemu.
- In the compiler (in comp/const.s7i) the actions BIN_AND and BIN_OR
have been added to the list of special actions. This way the
functions rotLeft and rotRight (from bin32.s7i and bin64.s7i) are
implemented as inline functions. This reduces the runtime of sha256
(from msgdigest.s7i) by 44% (measured with gcc and valgrind, when
reading data from 200 https connections). The cpu-time of the whole
test program was reduced by 17%.
- In msgdigest.s7i the functions md4, md5, sha1, sha224 and sha256
have been improved to use an index for words instead of an index
for chunks. This simplifies the conversion to 32-bit words.
- In comp/action.s7i the function process_action has been improved to
use a case-statement instead of multiple if-statements. This reduces
the runtime of process_action by 39% (measured with gcc and valgrind,
when the compiler compiles itself). The runtime of the compiler is
reduced by 2.5%.
- The contents of the libraries enable_input.s7i and enable_output.s7i
have been moved to the library enable_io.s7i.
- The library comp/expr_util.s7i has been renamed to comp/expr_utl.s7i.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to search 64-bit functions
for fseek() and ftell(). The findings are stored in version.h with
the macros _FILE_OFFSET_BITS, OS_OFF_T_SIZE, os_off_t, os_fseek and
- In chkflt.sd7 the tests for float shift and logarithm of 0.0 have
- The file src/read_me.txt has been updated.
- In chkccomp.c the functions isNullDevice, initializeNullDevice,
determineStatFunctions, determineOsFunctions and numericProperties
have been improved.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to work for PostgreSQL
versions 9.6, 10 and 11.
- In cmd_rtl.c the function getOsCwd has been improved to assure that
PATH_DELIMITER is used as path delimiter.
- In flt_rtl.c the functions fltDigits and fltSci have been improved,
to work correct, when printf() with format %f and %e and a huge
precision crashes. Additionally fltSci() has been improved to work
correct, when the number of exponent digits written with format %f is
- In con_wat.c the functions kbdShut and conWrite have been improved
and the functions term_descr_equal, tcset_term_descr, kbd_init,
doWriteConsole and doCPuts have been added.
- The functions handleIntSignal, readCharChkCtrlC and filPipe have been
added to fil_dos.c.
- The function drwConvPointList has been added to drw_dos.c.
- The definitions of volumeListType, IS_VOLUME_LIST and
openVolumeList() have been moved from dir_win.h to the new file
- In traceutl.c the function prot_cstri has been improved to optionally
write the string via conWrite.
- The functions striCharsAsUnquotedCStri, isShortFileName, findDot,
toShortFileName, copyFileName and mapLongFileNamesToShort have been
added to striutl.c. The function mapLongFileNamesToShort can be used
to convert a path with long file names to a path with 8.3 file names.
- The program setwpath.c has been improved to set the search path of
the current user, when setting the path for all users fails.
- The program sudo.c has been improved to execute the command without
priviledges, when executing the command as administrator fails.
- The functions gets (in tls.s7i), doGetsFromTerminal (in fil_rtl.c),
ut8Gets (in ut8_rtl.c) and socGets (in soc_rtl.c) have been improved
to return an empty string immediately, when the requested length is
- Calls of logFunction have been added in fil_rtl.c, prclib.c and
- Calls of logError have been added in infile.c.
- The files dll_dos.c, pcs_dos.c and vol_drv.h have been added.
- Definitions of _FILE_OFFSET_BITS, os_off_t, os_fseek and os_ftell
have been removed from the makefiles.
- The makefiles mk_djgpp.mak and mk_djgp2.mak have been improved, such
that DOS (with DJGPP) is supported again.
- Documentation comments have been improved in sql_base.s7i, cipher.s7i
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.