|Seed7 Release 2018-06-01 email@example.com (2018-06-01)|
|Date:||Fri, 1 Jun 2018 14:07:31 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="47497"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||01 Jun 2018 17:20:47 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20180601.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The library tls.s7i has been improved to support the server_name
extension and to process handshake messages, that extend over several
tls message records. Additionally TLS version 1.2 is used now.
- The library x509cert.s7i has been improved to accept a validity with
times in GeneralizedTime data elements (additionally to times in
UTCTime data elements).
- The library browser.s7i has been improved to support calling Safari
under Mac OS X.
- Tests for the functions environment(), getenv() and setenv() have
been added to chkcmd.sd7.
- A test that checks the sorting of an array of strings has been added
to chkstr.sd7. This checks the compare() function for strings.
- The compiler s7c has been improved to create better code for the
option -tf (trace functions). Now the trace functions are added after
the declarations (such that older C compilers will accept this also).
- In chkflt.sd7 tests for NaN have been grouped together.
- In chkovf.sd7 tests for the binomial coefficient have been split into
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to define the macros
DECLARE_OS_ENVIRON, USE_GET_ENVIRONMENT, INITIALIZE_OS_ENVIRON,
DEFINE_WGETENV, DEFINE_WSETENV, os_environ, os_getenv, os_setenv,
os_putenv, DELETE_PUTENV_STRING, DEFINE_WSTATI64_EXT,
DEFINE_STRUCT_STATI64_EXT, DEFINE_FSTATI64_EXT, os_lstat, os_stat,
os_fstat, os_stat_struct, os_fstat_struct, HAS_SELECT and HAS_MMAP.
- In int_rtl.c the macro DECIMAL_DIGITS has been improved to work with
- In str_rtl.c the function strCmpGeneric() has been changed back to
the old behaviour. Now strCmpGeneric() and strCompare() have again
the same behaviour. It has turned out that sorting an array of
strings worked wrong, when the program was compiled.
- In pcs_win.c the function prepareCommandLine has been improved and
the function copyQuotedPart has been added. Now the command line
created for CreateProcessW() has fewer quoted parameters. Now
parameters that contain a space or a quotation (") or a control
character or a character byond ASCII are quoted. All other parameters
are not quoted.
- Definitions of USE_MMAP, os_environ, os_fstat, DEFINE_WSTATI64_EXT,
os_lstat, os_stat, os_stat_orig, os_stat_struct, os_fstat_struct,
DEFINE_WSETENV, os_setenv, os_putenv and USE_DIRENT have been removed
from the makefiles.
- In several files usages of USE_MMAP have been replaced by usages of
- The file read_me.txt has been updated.
- In chkccomp.c the functions checkForLimitedArrayLiteralLength() and
determineStatFunctions() have been added and the functions
determineEnvironDefines() and determineBigIntDefines() have been
improved. Now the test for the GMP library enforces static linking.
- The macros DEFINE_MATHERR_FUNCTION and DEFINE__MATHERR_FUNCTION have
been improved to define if matherr() or _matherr() should be defined.
- Log functions have been improved in big_gmp.c, big_rtl.c and
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.