|Seed7 Release 2018-03-04 email@example.com (2018-03-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 Mar 2018 14:46:27 -0800 (PST)|
|Injection-Date:||Sun, 04 Mar 2018 22:46:28 +0000|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="49693"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||04 Mar 2018 18:34:00 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20180304.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- In fil_rtl.c and ut8_rlt.c the functions filLineRead, filWordRead,
ut8LineRead and ut8WordRead have been improved to use
getc_unlocked() instead of getc(). This way the performance of the
functions has been improved by a factor of 2 (filLineRead has been
measured with gcc and valgrind).
- In listutl.c the performance of the function copy_list has been
improved by 15% (measured with gcc and valgrind).
- In getf.s7i the performance of the function readf has been improved
by a factor of 4 (measured with gcc and valgrind).
- The functions free_helem and free_hash in hshlib.c have been
improved to stop searching for helems as soon as the last helem
has been freed. This improves the performance free_hash by 36%
(measured with gcc and valgrind).
- In fil_rtl.c the function read_and_alloc_stri and filGets have been
improved to have less usages of err_info and num_of_chars_read.
- In soc_rtl.c the function receive_and_alloc_stri has been improved
to have less usages of err_info and better logError messages.
- In hsh_rtl.c and hshlib.c the function create_hash has been
improved to use memset to initialize empty hash tables.
- The functions bstCmp, genericCmp, ptrCmp, rflCmp and typCmp have
been improved to use a result variable named signumValue.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
ACT_ICONV1, ACT_ICONV3, INT_ICONV1, INT_ICONV3 and REF_HSHLENGTH.
- The libraries integer.s7i, bin32.s7i, bin64.s7i, category.s7i and
graph.s7i have been improved to use the new primitive actions.
- The function boolean(), which converts a string to a boolean value,
has been added to boolean.s7i.
- The function char(), which converts a string to a char value, has
been added to char.s7i.
- The function float(), which converts a string to a float value, has
been added to float.s7i.
- The compiler has been improved to support the actions ACT_GEN and
- The compiler now uses the function process_call_by_name_expr to
create code for loop conditions, loop bodies and other call by name
- The functions process_match and process_inline_param have been
added to the compiler.
- The compiler has been improved to implement functions, which just
call one of the special actions HSH_CONTAINS, HSH_EXCL, HSH_INCL,
HSH_KEYS, SET_BASELIT, SET_CONV, SET_ELEM, SET_EXCL, SET_INCL,
SET_NOT_ELEM, as inline functions. This allows optimizations for
the types set of char and set of string.
- The compiler has been improved to optimize the action HSH_CONTAINS,
when the hash table is constant.
- The compiler optimizations for the actions SET_ELEM and
SET_NOT_ELEM have been improved.
- A test, that checks for-loops over hash tables, has been added to
- Set membership tests for char and string have been added to
- Functions to handle inline parameters have been moved from s7c.sd7
to the new file comp/inline.s7i.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine the presence
of the functions flockfile(), funlockfile() and getc_unlocked().
- The function match_object3 has been added to match.c. This function
assures that BLOCKOBJECT and ACTOBJECT objects are always preceeded
by a MATCHOBJECT.
- The action RFL_SETVALUE has been ranamed to RFL_SET_VALUE.
- Several C run-time library functions (in *lib.c files) have been
renamed such that action name and function name correspond to each
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.