|Seed7 Release 2018-01-07 email@example.com (2018-01-08)|
|Date:||Mon, 8 Jan 2018 12:48:13 -0800 (PST)|
|Injection-Info:||gal.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="71824"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||08 Jan 2018 22:30:32 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20180107.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to allow support
for case statements with hashsets in the when parts. This allows
e.g. case statements with string, bigInteger, type and other
- Several discrepancies between s7 and s7c have been fixed. Many
thanks go to "tipd bmp" who sent a example programs to show the
discrepancies. Thanks also for finding a bug in the manual.
- The following type conversion functions from integer have been
introduced: bigInteger(), bigRational(), bitset(), boolean(),
char(), float(), rational() and complex(). This fits to the
existing conversion functions bin32() and bin64().
- The files bigrat.s7i, filesys.s7i, int_act.s7i, s7c.sd7, chkdb.sd7,
dnafight.sd7, printpi1.sd7, printpi2.sd7 and savehd7.sd7 have been
adjusted to use bigInteger() instead of the conv operator to
convert an integer to a bigInteger.
- The function bigRational, which converts a string to a bigRational
number, has been added to bigrat.s7i.
- The function rational, which converts a string to a rational
number, has been added to rational.s7i.
- In rational.s7i the operator 'parse' has been improved to convert
a string with a decimal number to a rational number.
- The functions float2Bits and bits2Float in bin32.s7i and bin64.s7i
are deprecated and will be removed in a future version. The
functions bin32(), bin64() and float() can be used instead to
convert between float and bits in IEEE 754 representation.
- The programs bas7.sd7 and chkbin.sd7 have been changed to use the
functions bin32(), bin64() and float() instead of float2Bits and
- Definitions of the operators |:= and &:= have been added to
- The library seed7_05.s7i has been improved to support case
statements which consist just of an otherwise part.
- The program chkprc.sd7 has been improved to check integer and char
case statements with otherwise part.
- The program chkprc.sd7 has been improved to check string,
bigInteger and float case statements with and without otherwise
- The program chkbig.sd7 has been improved to check the bigInteger()
- The program chkflt.sd7 has been improved to check the float()
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
BIG_ICONV1, BIG_ICONV3, BLN_ICONV1, BLN_ICONV3, CHR_ICONV1,
CHR_ICONV3, FLT_ICONV1, FLT_ICONV3, SET_ICONV1, SET_ICONV3 and
- The handling of CONSTENUMOBJECT and VARENUMOBJECT objects in
s7c.sd7 has been improved.
- The functions initCaseLabelsOfWhen, initCaseLabelsOfCase and
initCaseLabels have been added to s7c.sd7.
- In biglib.c the function big_div_rem has been improved to generate
quotient and remainder as variable elements.
- The function getConstant has been added to comp/const.s7i.
- The functions getGenericValueOfVariableObject and
getParameterAsVariable have been added to comp/expr_util.s7i.
- The logError error messages in fil_rtl.c have been improved.
- The function refAllocVar has been added to ref_data.c.
- Documentation comments have been added or improved in bin32.s7i,
bin64.s7i, sql_base.s7i, propertyfile.s7i, bitset.s7i, browser.s7i,
bitsetof.s7i, actlib.c, arr_rtl.c, big_gmp.c, big_rtl.c, binlib.c,
cmdlib.c, drw_rtl.c, flt_rtl.c, set_rtl.c, sql_lite.c, sql_my.c,
sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c, sql_post.c, sql_rtl.c
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.