|Seed7 Release 2017-08-07 email@example.com (2017-08-08)|
|Date:||Tue, 8 Aug 2017 14:35:38 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||miucha.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="72053"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||08 Aug 2017 21:28:26 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20170807.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Experimental support to compute quotient and remainder of a
bigInteger with the operator divRem has been added to the library
- The function str in bigrat.s7i has been improved to use the new
- The program ide7.sd7 has been improved to ignore an attempt to kill
a non-existing process.
- Support for a for-loop that loops over all values of an enumeration
has been added to forloop.s7i.
- Support for a for-loop which loops a given number of times has been
added to forloop.s7i.
- Syntax definitions for the divRem operator and the new for-loops
have been added to syntax.s7i.
- Checks for the divRem operator have been added to chkbig.sd7.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the action
- The function bigDivRem has been added to big_gmp.c.
- The function big_div_rem has been added to biglib.c.
- The performance of the function uint32LeastSignificantBit() has
been improved by 15% (measured with gcc and valgrind when all
unsigned 32-bit values are computed).
- The performance of the function uint64LeastSignificantBit() has
been improved by 10% (measured with gcc and valgrind when
4294967294 random unsigned 64-bit values are computed).
- In set_rtl.c the functions bitsetNonZero() and setIsEmpty() have
- The function memchr_strelem() has been added to striutl.c. This
function uses loop unrolling inspired by Duff's device. This
function is used when sizeof(wchar_t) != 4 holds. In case
sizeof(wchar_t) == 4 holds (wchar_t has the same size as the
Seed7 characters) the macro memchr_strelem is defined as wmemchr.
- In lib/comp/create.s7i the function process_sct_alloc has been
improved. Now it can be used as expression.
- In big_rtl.c the functions basicRadix2To36 and binaryRadix2To36
have been improved to use the parameter 'digits' instead of the
- The functions bigCmp, chrCmp and fltCmp have been improved.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to check if system()
returns the correct result of the process.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to determine if isatty()
or _isatty() should be used.
- The functions type_value_call_obj and getValue have been added to
executl.c. The function getValue determines the default value of
- The program setpaths.c has been improved to use preprocessor macros
only when they are defined.
- The program setwpath.c has been improved to include direct.h when
USE_DIRWIN is defined.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.