|Seed7 Release 2017-07-02 firstname.lastname@example.org (2017-07-03)|
|Date:||Mon, 3 Jul 2017 11:18:30 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||miucha.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="7109"; mail-complaints-to="email@example.com"|
|Posted-Date:||05 Jul 2017 12:07:38 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20170702.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The performance of the function bigStr() in big_rtl.c has been
improved by a factor of 2.7 (measured with gcc and valgrind when
str(123456789_**12345) is computed). Now A binary method is used to
convert large bigInteger numbers to a string.
- The performance of the function bigRadix2To36() in big_rtl.c has
been improved by a factor of 7.3 (measured with gcc and valgrind
when 123456789_**12345 radix 7 is computed). Now A binary method is
used to convert large bigInteger numbers to a string.
- The compiler (s7c.sd7) has been improved to create destructors for
local DATABASEOBJECTs and SQLSTMTOBJECTs.
- The database driver sql_odbc.c has been improved to support the
- The database driver sql_odbc.c has been improved to close the
the database only after all prepared statements have been freed.
- Support to read BLOBs (Binary large objects) and wide character
CLOBs (Character large objects) from an ODBC database has been
added to sql_odbc.c. SQL_DATA_AT_EXEC is used to flag BLOBs and
CLOBs for the buffer types SQL_CHAR, SQL_VARCHAR, SQL_LONGVARCHAR,
SQL_WCHAR, SQL_WVARCHAR, SQL_WLONGVARCHAR, SQL_BINARY,
SQL_VARBINARY and SQL_LONGVARBINARY.
- The function bigInteger(string), which converts a string to a
bigInteger number, has been added to bigint.s7i.
- Checks that test the conversion of a bigInteger to a string (with
the function str() and the operators RADIX and radix) have been
added to chkbig.sd7.
- The example program db7.sd7 has been improved to list column
headers even when no line was found.
- The functions getConversionDivisor, basicToStri, binaryToStri,
basicRadix2To36, binaryRadix2To36, uBigDivRem1, bigDivRem1,
bigDivRemSizeLess and bigDivRem have been added to big_rtl.c.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to have better checks for
utime and fileno.
- Documentation about the macros used have been added to chkccomp.c.
- In src/read_me.txt descriptions of C_COMPILER, C_COMPILER_SCRIPT,
CC_FLAGS and LINKER have been improved.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.