|Seed7 Release 2017-05-01 email@example.com (2017-05-01)|
|Date:||Mon, 1 May 2017 14:00:18 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Info:||miucha.iecc.com; posting-host="news.iecc.com:2001:470:1f07:1126:0:676f:7373:6970"; logging-data="17995"; mail-complaints-to="firstname.lastname@example.org"|
|Posted-Date:||02 May 2017 19:56:13 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20170501.tgz
The download is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/seed7/files
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can
be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The example program diff7.sd7 has been added. This program compares
two files line by line.
- The example program hd.sd7 has been added. This program writes a
hexdump of a given file.
- The functions sha384 and sha512 have been added to msgdigest.s7i.
- The compiler has been improved to optimize expressions like
bin64(aBigExpression mod aPowerOfTwo).
- The library vectorfont.s7i has been improved to allow scaling of
- The dialog element passwordField has been added to cgidialog.s7i.
The passwordField dialog element allows entering a password without
- The function readPassword has been added to editline.s7i.
- In array.s7i the for-until loops for arrays have been improved to
work correct, when the until-condition uses the for variable.
- In cli_cmds.s7i the functions getCommandParameter,
getUnixCommandParameter and getDosCommandParameter has been
improved to recognize when a closing quote is missing.
- In cli_cmds.s7i in the function processCommand the handling of
external commands with redirection of stdin has been improved.
- The functions xyArray and scale have been added to graph.s7i.
- In seed7_05.s7i the exception DATABASE_ERROR has been introduced.
- The programs sql7.sd7 and chkdb.sd7 have been improved to use the
new exception DATABASE_ERROR.
- A parse operator for dbCategory has been added to sql_base.s7i.
- The pictures return_pic and right_arrow_pic have been added to
pic32.s7i and pic16.s7i.
- The function checkBinBinaryWithBigMod has been added to chkbin.sd7.
This function checks the optimizations done with expressions like
bin64(aBigExpression mod aPowerOfTwo).
- In tls.s7i the type securityParameters has been renamed to
tlsParameters. The functions showMsg and showMsgType have been
renamed to showTlsMsg respectively showTlsMsgType.
- In tls.s7i the generation of CLIENT_HELLO, SERVER_HELLO,
CERTIFICATE, SERVER_HELLO_DONE, CLIENT_KEY_EXCHANGE,
CHANGE_CIPHER_SPEC, FINISHED, ALERT and APPLICATION_DATA messages
has been improved.
- In int_act.s7i the types addSubElementType and
addSubElementListType have been renamed to addSubIntElementType
- In the compiler (in big_act.s7i, function process_const_big_mod)
the handling of the bigInteger mod operator, when the divisor is a
power of two, has been improved. Now a temporary result is freed.
- In the compiler (in big_act.s7i, function process_const_big_mult)
the handling of the bigInteger multiplication with a negated power
of two has been improved. Now a temporary result is freed.
- The functions generateAddSubParamList and evaluateConstants have
been added to comp/big_act.s7i.
- The function optimize_bin_binary_of_big_mod has been added to the
compiler (in bin_act.s7i). This function optimizes the expression
bin64(aBigNumber mod aPowerOfTwo) to
bigLowerBits64(aBigNumber) & ord(pred(aPowerOfTwo)).
This optimization converts to bin64 earlier. This allows the usage
of cheap bin64 operations instead of bigInteger operations.
- The functions optimizeAddSubElement and optimizeAddSubList have
been added to comp/bin_act.s7i.
- In big_rtl.c the performance of the functions bigFromUInt32 and
bigFromUInt64 has been improved.
- The function bigLowerBits64 has been added to big_rtl.c and
big_gmp.c. This function is used by the compiler to optimize
expressions like bin64(aBigNumber mod aPowerOfTwo).
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to check for the presence
of snprintf() and vsnprintf().
- The functions sql_eq_db, sql_eq_stmt, sql_ne_db and sql_ne_stmt
have been added to sqllib.c.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
DRW_CONVPOINTLIST, SQL_CMP_DB, SQL_CMP_STMT, SQL_EQ_DB,
SQL_EQ_STMT, SQL_ERR_CODE, SQL_ERR_DB_FUNC, SQL_ERR_LIB_FUNC,
SQL_ERR_MESSAGE, SQL_NE_DB and SQL_NE_STMT.
- Support for the action DRW_CONVPOINTLIST has been added to
drwlib.c, drwlib.h, drw_win.c and drw_x11.c.
- A definition of snprintf has been added to fil_win.c.
- The function list_length has been added to listutl.c.
- The new files sql_base.c and sql_base.h have been added. This
files contain definitions of dbLibError, dbInconsistentMsg and
dbError. The makefiles have been adjusted to use sql_base.c.
- The database drivers sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c
and sql_post.c have been improved to write database errors to the
struct dbError. The content of dbError can be obtained with the
actions SQL_ERR_CODE, SQL_ERR_DB_FUNC, SQL_ERR_LIB_FUNC and
- The functions sqlErrCode, sqlErrDbFunc, sqlErrLibFunc and
sqlErrMessage have been added to sql_rtl.c
- The handing of local variables has been changed in blockutl.c
(improved function get_local_var_list) and prclib.c (new functions
process_local_decl and evaluate_local_decls). Instead of executing
the local declarations as a whole they are now executed line by
line. This change might be useful for future improvements.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.