Compiler positions available for week ending January 29

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
29 Jan 2017 11:14:38 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-01-30)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2012-01-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2017-01-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-01-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Jan 2017 11:14:38 -0000
Posted-Date: 29 Jan 2017 11:35:27 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Jun Suzuki <jxs@cs.umb.edu>
Subject: Faculty position at University of Massachusetts, Boston
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:55:11 -0500

The Computer Science Department at the University of Massachusetts
Boston invites applications for one full-time position in Programming
Languages/Compilers at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor, to
begin September 1, 2017. We offer an ABET-accredited BS as well as a BA
in Computer Science, a BS in Information Technology, an MS in Computer
Science, and a Ph.D. in Computer Science. Current faculty interests
include bioinformatics, computer and human vision, data mining,
databases, graphics, high performance computing, networks, security,
software engineering, and theoretical computer science. We will consider
strong candidates in any area of programming languages, but especially
seek candidates working in programming language implementation, with an
emphasis on parallel computation.

A PhD in computer science or a related area is required. A successful
candidate at the Assistant Professor level is expected to establish a
highly-recognized, externally-funded independent research program at
UMass Boston. Candidates at the Associate Professor level should have a
well-established research program with a significant funding record. We
offer a competitive salary and start-up package. Our campus overlooks
Boston harbor; our faculty and students enjoy professional life in a
center of academia and the software industry. For more information,
visit us at http://www.cs.umb.edu

A complete application consists of a cover letter, curriculum vitae,
statements about research and teaching, and the names and email
addresses of three references. Please submit your application online.

The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military
status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements,
the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment.

--
Jun Suzuki
      Associate Professor of Computer Science