SPLASH-I 2016: Call for Talk Proposals! (Amsterdam, Nov 2016)

tvdstorm@gmail.com
Wed, 11 May 2016 04:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SPLASH-I 2016: Call for Talk Proposals! (Amsterdam, Nov 2016) tvdstorm@gmail.com (2016-05-11)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: tvdstorm@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 04:12:06 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 11 May 2016 17:42:02 EDT

SPLASH-I: Innovation, Interaction, Insight, Industry, Invited

The ACM SIGPLAN conference on Systems, Programming, Languages and
Applications: Software for Humanity (SPLASH) embraces all aspects of software
construction and delivery to make it the premier conference at the
intersection of programming, languages, and software engineering. SPLASH 2016
will take place from Sunday, October 30 to Friday, November 4, 2016 in
Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

SPLASH-I is the track of SPLASH dedicated to great talks on exciting topics!
SPLASH-I will run in parallel with all of SPLASH (during the week days), and
is open to all attendees. SPLASH-I will host both invited talks and selected
talks submitted via this call for proposals. SPLASH-I solicits inspiring
talks, tutorials and demonstrations on exciting topics related to programming
and programming systems, delivered by excellent speakers from academia or
industry.

SPLASH-I caters for three categories of presentations:

- Regular talks on programming languages, systems or concepts;
- Tutorials aimed at introducing particular tools, systems, or languages
- Demonstrations showing off cool programming technology.

All slots in SPLASH-I are 45 minutes.

Please submit proposals here: http://goo.gl/forms/FZqQwpd73G
Have a suggestion for a great speaker and topic? Suggest it here:
http://goo.gl/forms/MWzgStWkww

SPLASH-I maintains two deadlines: 1st of June, and, if there are still slots
available, 1st of August.

Websites: http://2016.splashcon.org/track/splash-2016-splash-i

Committee:
  - Matthias Hauswirth (University of Lugano)
  - Igor Peshansky (Google)
  - Tiark Rompf (Purdue & Oracle Labs)
  - Jurgen Vinju (CWI)